Lenovo System x3650 M5 8871-C2A, E5-2620v4, 16 GB
|GENERAL||Form Factor||4U rack||Hot - Swap Parts||Hard drives, power supplies, and fans.||Merk||Lenovo System X||Part Number||8871-C2A||Model||X3650M5-V4||Processor||Xeon 8C E5-2620 v4 85W 2.1GHz/2133MHz/20MB||Memory||1x 16GB standard. With RDIMMs: Up to 768 GB with 24x 32 GB RDIMMs and two processors. Up to 24 DIMM sockets (12 DIMMs per processor; four memory channels per processor with three DIMMs per channel). Support for RDIMMs and LRDIMMs. Memory types cannot be intermixed. Memory speed up to 2400 MHz||Memory Protection||ECC, Chipkill (for x4-based memory DIMMs), memory mirroring, and memory rank sparing.||Hard Drive||8 slots 2.5-inch hot swap (expandable to 20 slots 2.5" HS HDD)||Raid Controller||12 Gb SAS/6 Gb SATA RAID: RAID 0, 1, 10 with M1215||Ethernet (2 Buah)||4x integrated RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet ports (BCM5719). Optional Mezzanine LOM (ML2) slot for dual-port 10 GbE cards with SFP+ or RJ-45 connectors or quad-port GbE cards with RJ-45 connectors. 1x RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet systems management port||Video Graphic Adapter||Matrox G200eR2 with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM2.1. Maximum resolution is 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with 16 M colors.||Management||UEFI, Integrated Management Module II (IMM2.1) based on Renesas SH7758, Predictive Failure Analysis, light path diagnostics, Automatic Server Restart, ToolsCenter, XClarity Administrator, XClarity Energy Manager. Optional IMM2.1 Advanced Upgrade software feature for remote presence (graphics, keyboard and mouse, virtual media).||Chipset||Intel C612||Power Supply||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W High Efficiency Platinum AC power supplies||Dimension||Height: 87 mm (3.4 in), width: 434 mm (17.1 in), depth: 755 mm (29.7 in)||Weight (kg)||34kg||Warranty||3 Years On Site 24 x 7||Supported Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, and 2016; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (x64) and 7; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x64) and 12; VMware vSphere (ESXi) 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5.|
|DISPLAY||Port||Front: Models with 8x or 16x 2.5" drive bays: 1x USB 2.0 port (standard) or 3x USB 2.0 ports (optional). Models with 8x 3.5" drive bays: 3x USB 2.0 ports (standard). Models with 24x 2.5" or 12x 3.5" drive bays: 2x USB 2.0 ports (standard). 1x DB-15 video port (optional for all models). Rear: 2x USB 3.0 and 1x DB-15 video ports. Optional 1x DB-9 serial port. Internal: 1x USB 2.0 port (for embedded hypervisor), 1x SD Media Adapter slot (for embedded hypervisor).|
|MEMORY AND PROCESSOR||Storage||Up to 155 TB with 14x 10 TB 3.5" NL SAS or SATA HDDs and 2x 7.68 TB 2.5" SAS SSDs Up to 215 TB with 28x 7.68 TB 2.5" SAS SSDs Up to 56 TB with 28x 2 TB 2.5" NL SATA HDDs Up to 50.4 TB with 28x 1.8 TB 2.5" SAS HDDs Up to 30.7 TB with 8x 3.84 TB NVMe PCIe SSDs Intermix of SAS, SATA, and PCIe drives is supported.|
|STORAGE||Drive Bays||Up to 28 SFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays: 8x 2.5" (front) + 8x 2.5" (front) + 8x 2.5" (front) + 2x 2.5" (rear) + 2x 2.5" (rear)|
|INTERFACE||Expansion Slots||Up to nine slots. Slots 4, 5, and 9 are the fixed slots on the system planar, and the remaining slots depend on the riser cards installed. The slots are as follows: Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x16 or PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (PCIe x16 slot is double-wide) Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (not present if the slot 1 is PCIe x16) Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x8 or ML2; full-height, half-length Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x8; low profile (vertical slot on system planar) Slot 5: PCIe 3.0 x8; low profile (vertical slot on system planar) Slot 6: PCIe 3.0 x16 or PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (PCIe x16 slot is double-wide) Slot 7: PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (not present if the slot 6 is PCIe x16) Slot 8: PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, half-length Slot 9: PCIe 3.0 x8 (dedicated for an internal storage controller) Slots 5, 6, 7, and 8 require the second processor to be installed.|
|OTHER||Cooling||Calibrated Vectored Cooling with up to six redundant hot-swap fans; two fan zones with N+1 fan redundancy. Single-rotor fans (base configuration): Four fans standard, additional two fans with the second processor. Dual-rotor fans (CTO only; required for the E5-2600 v3 processors; optional for the E5-2600 v4 processors): Six fans standard.||Security||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or 2.0 (configurable UEFI setting). Optional lockable front bezel.|
With the powerful, versatile 2U rack server design, the dual-socket Lenovo System x3650 M5 (E5-2600 v4) server (Machine Type 8871) can run even more workloads, 24 x 7, and gain faster business insights. Integrated with Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family and industry-leading two-socket storage capacity, the System x3650 M5 delivers exceptional performance. Flexible and scalable internal storage configurations include up to 28x 2.5-inch or 14x 3.5-inch drives with a wide selection of drive sizes and types.
Suggested uses: Database, cloud computing and virtualization, enterprise applications, collaboration/email, business analytics and big data, virtual desktops, and Microsoft RemoteFX applications.
The following figure shows the System x3650 M5.
Figure 1. Lenovo System x3650 M5
Did you know?
The System x3650 M5 incorporates energy-smart features for minimized costs and efficient performance. Dual fan zones support operation in up to 40°C environments. The 80 PLUS Titanium power supply units (PSUs) can deliver 96% efficiency at 50% load.
The System x3650 M5 has outstanding memory performance that is achieved by supporting two-RDIMMs-per-channel configurations at speeds up to 12% faster than the Intel specification, while still maintaining world-class reliability.
The System x3650 M5 integrates leadership security and reliability. System x Trusted Platform Assurance, an exclusive set of System x features and practices, establishes a solid security foundation for your workloads. Enterprise-class data protection is provided with optional self-encrypting drives, and advanced diagnostic tools facilitate reduced downtime and costs.
The System x3650 M5 is a versatile 2U dual-socket business-critical server that offers improved performance and pay-as-you-grow flexibility along with new features that improve server management capability. This powerful system is designed for your most important business applications and cloud deployments.
Combining balanced performance and flexibility, the System x3650 M5 is a great choice for small and medium businesses up to the large enterprise. It can provide outstanding uptime to keep business-critical applications and cloud deployments running safely. Ease of use and comprehensive systems management tools help make deployment easier. Outstanding reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) and high-efficiency design improve your business environment and help save operational costs.
Scalability and performance
The System x3650 M5 offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- Improves productivity by offering superior system performance with the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family with up to 22-core processors, up to 55 MB of L3 cache, up to 2400 MHz memory speeds, and up to 9.6 GT/s QPI interconnect links.
- Support for up to two processors, 44 cores, and 88 threads allows to maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy efficient Intel Turbo Boost Technology allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better utilize the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Up to 2400 MHz memory speeds with two DIMMs per channel running at 2400 MHz to help maximize system performance.
- Up to 1.5 TB of memory capacity with 64 GB load-reduced DIMMs, or LRDIMMs
- The 12 Gbps SAS internal storage connectivity doubles the data transfer rate compared to 6 Gb SAS solutions to maximize performance of storage I/O-intensive applications.
- Flexible and scalable internal storage provides up to 140 TB for capacity-optimized storage configurations (using 10 TB 3.5-inch hard disk drives [HDDs]) or up to 28 drives for performance-optimized storage configurations in a 2U rack form factor.
- The use of solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of or along with traditional spinning HDDs can significantly improve I/O performance. An SSD can support a significantly higher number of I/O operations per second (IOPS) than a typical HDD.
- The server has four integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports and optional 10 Gb Ethernet ports with ML2 adapters.
- The server offers up to eight PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 I/O expansion slots plus one dedicated PCIe 3.0 slot for an internal storage controller in a 2U rack form factor.
- With Intel Integrated I/O Technology, the PCI Express 3.0 controller is integrated into the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family. This helps to dramatically reduce I/O latency and increase overall system performance.
Availability and serviceability
The System x3650 M5 provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- Tool-less cover removal provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts, such as processors, memory DIMMs, and adapter cards.
- The server offers hot-swap drives supporting RAID redundancy for data protection and greater system uptime.
- The server offers redundant hot-swap power supplies and hot-swap redundant fans to provide availability for business-critical applications.
- The new Next Gen light path diagnostics LCD display panel simplifies servicing, speeds up problem resolution, and helps improve system availability.
- Proactive Platform Alerts (including PFA and SMART alerts): Processors, voltage regulators, memory, internal storage (SAS/SATA HDDs and SSDs, NVMe SSDs, M.2 storage, flash storage adapters), fans, power supplies, RAID controllers, and server ambient and sub-component temperatures. Alerts can be surfaced through the system IMM to managers such as Lenovo XClarity Administrator, VMware vCenter, and Microsoft System Center. These proactive alerts let you take appropriate actions in advance of possible failure, thereby increasing server uptime and application availability.
- SSDs offer significantly better reliability than traditional mechanical HDDs for greater uptime.
- Built-in Integrated Management Module II (IMM2.1) continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovery actions in case of failure, to minimize downtime.
- Built-in diagnostics using Dynamic Systems Analysis (DSA) Preboot speeds up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the System x3650 M5 and deliver enterprise-class data protection:
- The server includes an Integrated Management Module II (IMM2.1) to monitor server availability and perform remote management.
- An integrated industry-standard Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) enables improved setup, configuration, and updates, and simplifies error handling.
- Lenovo XClarity Administrator offers comprehensive hardware management tools that help to increase uptime, reduce costs and improve productivity through advanced server management capabilities.
- An integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) enables advanced cryptographic functionality such as digital signatures and remote attestation.
- System x Trusted Platform Assurance, an exclusive set of System x security features and practices, establishes a solid security foundation for workloads by delivering firmware that is securely built, tested, digitally signed and verified prior to execution.
- The server offers enterprise-class data protection with optional self-encrypting drives.
- Industry-standard AES NI support offers faster, stronger encryption.
- Intel Execute Disable Bit functionality can help prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks when combined with a supporting operating system.
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology provides enhanced security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks, allowing an application to run in its own isolated space, protected from all other software running on a system.
The System x3650 M5 offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, increase energy availability, and contribute to the green environment:
- Energy-efficient planar components help lower operational costs.
- High-efficiency power supplies with 80 PLUS Platinum and Titanium certifications.
- Intel Intelligent Power Capability powers individual processor elements on and off as needed, to reduce power draw.
- Low-voltage Intel Xeon processors draw less energy to satisfy the demands of power and thermally constrained data centers and telecommunication environments.
- Low-voltage 1.2 V DDR4 memory DIMMs offer energy savings compared to 1.35 V and 1.5 V DDR3 DIMMs.
- The server uses hexagonal ventilation holes, a part of Calibrated Vectored Cooling™ technology. Hexagonal holes can be grouped more densely than round holes, providing more efficient airflow through the system.
- Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager provide advanced data center power notification, analysis, and policy-based management to help achieve lower heat output and reduced cooling needs.
Untuk selengkapnya silahkan klik : https://lenovopress.com/lp0068-lenovo-system-x3650-m5-machine-type-8871